We’ve received lots of calls and emails recently asking if Little Knights antibacterial paint is effective against the coronavirus. We are currently undergoing lab tests to confirm this is the case and will provide confirmation once we have results.
However, we are confident that it is. Coronaviruses are a family of viruses, of which Covid-19 is one (i.e. the one we are all concerned about). The anti-microbial additive used in Little Knights paint is effective against both bacteria and viruses and we have every reason to believe that it will be equally effective against Covid-19.
If you are thinking of purchasing paint from us over the next few weeks, please rest assured that we take every possible precaution in our works with regards hand washing and sanitising.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
However, the best advice for staying safe from Covid-19 is from the NHS:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of coronavirus
- only travel on public transport if you need to
- work from home, if you can
- avoid social activities, such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas
- avoid events with large groups of people
- use phone, online services, or apps to contact your GP surgery or other NHS services
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- do not have visitors to your home, including friends and family
This is particularly important for people who are 70 or over, have a long-term condition, are pregnant or have a weakened immune system.
Most of all, please stay safe, look after those close to you and be willing to look out for those in your community who needs assistance. Many thanks.
On behalf of the Little Knights Team,